9.09.2005

Currently Playing
Sham 69
Album

Borstal Breakout

Track: If the kids are united



Quarter Short by Justin “NEO” Shockley


Frustration Frustration Frustration
Im a man trying to stick a gold bar into this bubble gum machine
Surely these kids want gold instead of a quarter
My pockets are empty and besides
look how it gleams
I say to the kids look this bar comes from Egypt
it was owned by Queen Sheeba and is millions of years old
Its owner has the blood of kings
its seen twilights millions of years before you were even a memory
it visited prophets, shipyards and kings
its seen vandals, pirates, wars, famine, and even the holocaust
this gold bar has seen the very course of history change
it spoke with Solomon and the wisest men of China
this gold bar chatted with Buddha and sat on the great wall
Its been around the world and has even owned the hearts of many men
now I give this gold bar to you and you’re telling me that I should
stick the gold bar in the bubble gum machine or give you a quarter?
I wish I could reform it the way you want it
understand this when I speak it
This bar was purposed the way it was and I wouldn’t be helping if I reformed
this gold bar into a quarter

No comments: