9.18.2005

Currently Playing
Against Me!
Album

Rock against Bush vol 1.

Track: Sink Florida. Sink (electric)





Valley of Berachah (blessings)

I sat there that night like so many of us have
In that moment that we often describe as defeat every huge
thing I ever hoped seemed so far from me
it seemed like a 9 foot sword though my lungs
simply because my air isn’t my own
everything I dreamt is connected to us all
I don’t care about me
but if that thing dies
others will suffer
catastrophe will occur if my life isn’t alined with the victory
I can’t stay in that moment
and if necessary I’ll build a time machine
a life is precious because it effects so many other poems
every life is words
spoken into existence
arranged differently but each effected
by the care put into grammar, punctuation and syntax
that’s why my heart was heavy
so each day I’ll try to arrange my life into a positive sonnet
that speaks of calm mornings
filled with sunshine, blueberry muffins and forgotten sorrows
and of how I now dwell in
the valley of Berachah

No comments: