8.11.2007


Currently Playing
Jason Upton

Album
Dying Star

Track
Burning in the sky





writ

now late
in this hour
I wonder this
well two but the latter
I might almost let miss

will people wisen up
and realize the true nature of why I post this
why poetry is dagger
slowly ripping up
the perpertrator of said writ
each pen stroke giving clue
to what makes the creator tick

my second thought hopefully giving new life
to those who do not fear poetry
who give no strong arm
to the power of a written wit

my pondering seemingly takes me to a place
where darkness becomes light
after being affected by life's kick
seeing hope after the wind all but left my lips
speaking life after being sure thats it

to care
after the quiet dim light
was most surely about to quit

not from me
does this warm candle stay lit


Author's note:
Creator in the poem is a double Reference. One meaning refering to the writer and the second God. The God reference is secondary but it refers to how writing can bring one closer to God. In essence if writing is worship (meaning you do it for God) then you find God when writing.

No comments: