11.12.2005

Currently Playing
Tan Dun
Album

Crouching Tiger HIdden Dragon Soundtrack

Track: The Eternal Vow



Completed Desert Emotion


I waited
twenty-six years to find you
the journey took its toll but i still went on
I waited twenty-six years and you werent there
when i saw you
face ghostly
you werent there
you told me to turn around and face certain death
forget all the surefooted sorrow I experienced
you said travel back to where I came
walk twenty six years barefoot
with your back facing your destination
then you told me this land isn't promised
its filled with ghosts and regret
misery masked with dance and spirits
and stories shared with silent conversation
you were too weak to fight
that day your mouth broke in two
and a ghost became my innocence
eyes seen what no man told
your silence completing a formation
the worst of our transaction was your silence
your legacys tombstone
teaching all that was never learned

No comments: