11.27.2005

Currently Playing
Matisyahu
Album

Shake Off The Dust...Arise

Track: Short Nigun




Nigun


he rushed before the morning
put his uniform on
I'm running to war
I'm running to fight he said
this war has to be fought
and your daddy might never return
Ill swing this eighteen foot ax until they are all chopped down
one by one
hairy arm by hairy arm
my sweat will be so thick
and your happiness will be so proud
don't cry my little ones
don't miss me a second
I'm crossing this river Jordan
but don't desire even one rubber boot
resist the temptation and don't look back
my memory will be a warm foundation
If my touch is lost to you
the kids confused age barely touching five
said why go to Sheol
to fight something so huge
we love you here
so why not fight your war here
with us and mom now
dad thought long and hard and worn
but he went anyway knowing sacrifice means not seeing the dawn
he crossed oceans, lakes, and bights
swung his ax and fought that war
he fell
and Zion cried
a letter survived much like new soldiers before
It reached his little ones now past five
past the dawn of war
he said I've seen many things
even convincing regret
I've killed man, woman , and child
I've taken away to preserve a land I've almost forgot
all for you
this blood I fear is all for you

this missions worth had its lusty gleam
now a land
less its offspring
a dispute that kills a mans touch
to have them and their kin cry succor
so our lives remain untouched
is a price to high for war
and even though I once knew
now I've forgotten
what I once fought so dearly for has reached its bourne
I'm a man with no auricle
wars cruel naught

www.poetpeace.blogspot.com

No comments: