11.18.2005

Currently Playing
Johnny Cummings
Album

Copesetic

Track: Rush




Pillows and Roads

there was once a boy who was a squire
he watched his master everyday
returning triumphantly slaying the latest beastly dragon
he admired his master
the knight
in secret like many squires before him he shadow fought eight million dragons
triumphantly smiting each one
then one day the squire met a girl
and he forgot about dragons
vowing to become a man and conquer her heart
the squire dared not speak to the lady knowing he was unworthy
so the squire trained
lifted rocks and weights
he learned the way of the sword not for justice or peace
but to slay her heart
to win it for himself
many years passed and the squire saw he was as close as possible to becoming a man
a knight feared by many
he traveled many lands and refused many hearts for his prize
he even killed one thousand dragons
all to become something more than he was
so the day arrived
and he stepped boldly to his soon to be love
her eyes were just as he imagined
her hands and nails artfully composed
soft hair and the tone of her voice just above a gentle whistle as she said
"come please"
"who are you" she said
the squire replied
"do you not remember me?"
" I traveled many lands and fought many fearful things. I grew and I toiled. I wearied but never gave up. All of this I did so I could gaze upon you with courage. For years I waited to be worthy for your voice to recognize my face. For years I waited until worthy of you."
the lady paused then looked down with something unexpected in her eye.
all at once the new squire of courage looked shaken and unsure
now expecting something he did not want to hear
and all at once it was released
she said "I knew who you were when you walked up those stairs to see me. but much like you I also waited. Only i waited not for the knight I see before me I waited for the shaky squire. The boy who tripped over his two feet and knew not a thing of honest guile."

"I waited in a land far away but always in the same place. Each day I watered a flower hoping to see you the hopeful squire walk up those stairs, stutterer and then ask a question this lady longed to hear. but you never came. 'He' did."

The squire hearing this stood frozen and never returned
so reversed from the sharpest of pains he could ever conceive he never discovered warmth again. Convinced from then on of the never ending and truthful nature of something he once possessed.


                                                                


No comments: