9.19.2007

Currently Playing
Regina Spektor
Album
Begin To Hope


Track:
Samson





I don't know

I don't know
I don't know how to be a better man
I don't know how and when to say what you mean
I cant read minds and I can't weave gold from thread
I fumble often
I curse myself much

my heart is crumbling and decrepit
not even more than much

I'm easily thrown backward
I'm hairy to the touch
but this my love is only the beginning
like I mentioned at the beginning
I don't know much

But I do know he loves me
I do know I long for your touch
seal that with eternal serenity
sealed with a cloudy loft

you see even if I don't know anything
how to do it
how much my smell makes it worse
all I have to know is I love you
then none can make matters worse


Author's Note One of the reasons (in my opinion) why so many look for true love is because the heart longs to be understood or "loved first". The folly is to hope in another human. God has already fulfilled all your needs. Whats more he has accepted you before you were born. He loved you first exactly the way you are. Knowing what you would become. The love relationship between humans is toilsome and vein. All the hours the lovers spend trying to get one another to accept the other. Frustration sets in because the heart longs for an instant. The same instant that is given to us the moment we accept Christ. In an instant of conversion we are given an eternity of love and denied and eternity of suffering. That is perfect love. There is the love we all long for.

No comments: