9.12.2007

bright lights

Lord I want you to be near
so beside myself I start a silent prayer

my want be that I ne'er fear
and longing it seems kindles you here

so I wish your love to shatter me
I wish like hope all captives set free

I long for emotion with fervent praise
shouting till chords go horse
all adoration to him
all jubilation
a new exalt
a new sunrise
a new day

this day my eye opened
let it see through to you
I wish for a new memory
for my artistry to befriend you

I wish to travel the world with purpose
walking with my head tilted to sky
my want is to see my help beheld
by every man woman cripple and child

I thank you Lord for giving this outsider a part
please ignite me so I will always remain
put mine toes on a rock heart

for you I shall never be seated in solitude
for you only a sliver of moldy cheese stains
for we know in part perfectly
yet still in me a gay leaf remains

No comments: