11.18.2006

understatement of understanding

and as we entered that elevator
going to our destinations
pressing the button to end the elevators querry
and deeply pondering into her eyes I made her wonder
so she asked
and I obliged
I said if you look deeply enough into a persons eyes
you can see what they saw
be who they were
and think as they see
but most importantly be who they be

intrigued by my line of thought she let me look
and so I began my own querry
I heard thought fought felt and did be
until it made me faint
spent
lessened
and free

then off she went
reaching her floor
glad to have met me
changed now knowing that I
see what she saw
that I was as she were
all the while thinking as she sees
knowing its important
to be as she herself sees fit to be


Authors Note: in India there is a saying: there is no point in chopping a persons nose off then giving them a rose to smell. It doesnt matter what truth you hold if you are alienating those whom you wish to reach. Always remember civility and be kind.

No comments: