11.08.2006


Currently Playing
Mai Yamane
Album
Cowboy Bebop Tank! The! Best!
Track:
Blue



noble wift*
at the time of my arrival
I had arms shorter than my intentions
legs shorter than my stature
respect not valued in the marketplace
and hair shorter than my flowing spirit
so I went
to a land that valued my intent
to men who would marvel at my stature
tell me great things
while giving my weary backpack a soft seat cushion
giving visitors the impression they had comfort to spare

far my stout legs did carry
never once an inch of growth did I see
this journey did lie to me
providence I did not see

this journey left me disillusioned
scribbled defeat on parchment
was defeat when read by me

I carried on
this knowledge now changing the journey
an embittered man
no legs hair or arms with which to carry me

***

but my song is a ballad of many
an army of chanting rings
the logic of perfect harmonium
the lull of a million swings
for I entered in this world a contender
an underdog meant not to win
for my state decimates confusion
my pasture
the wind

its for your freedom said my own heart strings
your voice I wish to hear sing
for my life is your own tarry weight
the single passion of me letting your pain in


Authors note: the first part is the despair of one person. the second part is a person who knows that hell is necessary to understand how much God loves us. knowing God swallowed an eternity of suffering for us is hope enough for every man.




(this is a deleted addendum to the poem. I deleted it because I felt the current ending expressed what love truly is adequately. Which is to say love is bearing the burden of another. In a word Sacrifice.)

and this err is no folly stake
impatience is a jester less a win
my soul is still for your liberation
to embrace loves perfect tyranny
is win






*wift- wift is not a word. but since I made it up I will give it a meaning.
wift- an indescible love realized by taking on eternal pain; unimaginable sacrifice or sacrifice to the limit of belief.

No comments: