5.16.2006


Currently Playing

Sufjan Stevens

Album
Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lakes State

Track The Widows In Paradise







Luck AP


If life were perfect I would find you
If everything as it were
we would be
And life wouldn't be a mystery
but still as it is I wait for you
pausing because there is nowhere else to go
moving forward but still finding myself looking back
in a world of peace I'd kiss your lips
in a world without dissension id know who you were
a woman without the pain
now if I were a cricket you'd be my crickette
we'd hop along the mud
traveling a mason dixie line
our lifespan spent together
traversing the Mississippi
one of a kind
insisting there is more to life than
instant transactions, bulletin boards and TV screens
longing to know a meaningful glance
wandering until we find a land with milk and honey
knowing earth will give up its dead
before utopia spews any grass
no
in this lifetime my shallow heaven is looking in your eyes
and knowing the one who made you

so after this thought I move on
following this romantic rainy morning weary
I'm gone
with one thing sustaining me
knowing that God is in the rain
yup, God is in the rain


Authors note: there are a few things in this poem... one of course is a beautiful red haired gal... Life isnt always fair but don't stop being a real and honest person because of heartche. You'll only spread the pain.. and besides.. life is bigger than our hurts... dont miss it.

No comments: