12.27.2007

Dad hood. Safely home.



tiny image

im a tiny child
screaming into a television screen

a small child
comprehending all that is seen

Im a tiny child
begging for a world to see
there is a world outside the tele
so much more that you can see

put aside your glowing living rooms
smash your glassy screen
no longer give listen to commercials
for wasted are your dreamy visions
unexplored are heavens means


there is a world beyond your generated imagery
there is one greater beyond your tv screen
for your god will swallow your forgotten memory
a boob tube is all "this world" sees

for my re-birthday is a new impossibility
my father now grafting me in his tree


for him I gave toss to my tele
to look at dad's arms hold someone like me


Author's note: tele= Television
"...worship is the purification of imagination by [God's] his beauty.." - Archbishop William Temple

No comments: