7.11.2007

Currently Playing
Melissa Etheridge
Album
Road Less Traveled
Track:
I need to wake up






Voice

dear God let someone hear me
no need to wake and crawl then die
if you will let this voice be heard
it need not be violently sent away
thrown down suddenly
forcefully tortured
left only with the company of the afraid alongside a lie

why be given a voice but no audience
a message meant but not be heard

dear God let someone hear me
this courier given legs with stay
strong as a fat man's belly
more courage than a bearded lady asking out a guy

please give wind to my vocational melody
this my purpose
hope be engraved in this mind

dear God please hear me
message given to receivers
sent now
because I believe seeds don't die

Authors Note: does anyone care about poetry anymore?

No comments: