3.21.2006

Currently Reading
The Ecology of Commerce
Author
Paul Hawkin

Type
Paperback








Perfect is... then hopefully it's that


where do I look for you
did you go hitchhiking away with a canoe strapped to your back
alongside a stranger named circumstance
pitching tents wherever they may fall
where can I find you
did I ever meet you?
was everything I ever imagined false
I thought I saw you one day speaking about
nothing on a random street
I swore I met you in Canada
even though I never saw your face
maybe all the while the very thing I was looking for
was always in my hand
completing everything I wanted to see
forgetting wherever I ever had a need
and this new patch on my pants looks new
and this old patch on my pants fits fine
I'm waiting with my uniform on
making tips
like
she'll come
don't go fast
slow down
love when they hate
but my favorite is
keep this road because it's never too late
finding you is a wonderful event
to become rich
and never a penny spent

No comments: