3.16.2006

Currently Playing
Jeffrey Lewis
Album

The Last Time I did Acid I went Insane

Track: The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song




Wedding the Funeral


If I took door number one
put you in a microwave and selected a minute
I'd see your hair but I'd never know
how it smelled
notice your smile
but never know what it takes to see it
I'd kiss you
but never value the reasons you ever wanted one
It seems
a life is made of more than a pretty emotion
thickly shaped abs
or an erect thought
romance is still an investment
and marriage it seems a bad cliche
but we've made love a moment
wanting an end
we've made love a moment
regrettably I can't click what we've become away
but I'm not a sad poem
unlearn and relearn children
me an we learn for you
take a moment and stretch it to a lifetime
take a minute
to take our time away
take all
the meaningless times away


Authors note: If you go too fast who knows what you'll miss...

No comments: