3.04.2007


Currently Playing
the Benjamin Gate
Album
Untitled
Track
Hands


a poem for the saints


on my bed I lied
then a thought came to me
one I'd like to give a saint and sinner
both of whom which are beloved to me

it was in that moment I felt sadness
this sharp knife sedated me
took me to a place of consequence
sadness it seemed overtook me


then I had a still moment
yes like I said a thought came to me

beloved I was thinkin'
that perhaps it wasn't as we all see
decidedly undecided
the revelation did then shook me

the fact is the reality isn't depression
or a faulty fight which leads to the unstirdy nature of we
maybe it is sin's progression
taking hold of all we want to see

maybe it wasn't at all my sadness
but the chains of the first fallen tree
making me thirst for an earth not yet complicated
any eye seen
nor ear hear
not anything since that came in to be

maybe we are feeling the earth itself in conflict
till shiloh right will be wrong
till shiloh
the right transformed free

Author's Note: Isaiah 64:6 (Contemporary English Version)
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

6We are unfit to worship you;

each of our good deeds

is merely a filthy rag.

No comments: