10.24.2006


Currently Playing
Jason Mraz
Album
Live at Eagles Ballroom
Track:
Sleeping to Dream



waking memory

im up
the smell of the thought of you
restled me now im stuck
who wants to sleep
because if I fall asleep I'd lose the dream
my waking days wander
hoping my lurking thoughts dont betray

I want what I can't have
desiring a standing dream with both eyelids open
why dream
for a shore distant
a cliff too high
or a notion to long a journey to stray
when you're a waking memory
a thinking twinkle
not mine
or I
your arms intent betray


authors note: poem about a gal who didnt like a guy. the guy still likes the gal; the gal still doesnt like the guy. the guy tries to let go of the gal but for some reason he still likes the gal in fact he still thinks shes sweet. nothing wierd just a funny fact of life. yup. its about me.

the song im listening to is appropriate: "...sleeping to dream about you.. and I'm so tired."

No comments: