9.12.2006

king's loving ransom

what is this bestowed to me
nails and bones and victory
a stain and frown removed from thee
the wieght of night is what unsettled me
a plight appeared and removed my frown
no greater love than this was found
a hope within is what I see
for one gave all to be with me
no greater love can a being caress
through pain and darkness my knight fought my death
retreating my giant and serving my time
recluse was the bitter clocks chime
what is this when he founded me
a rugged cross with love's tears it pinned thee

Authors note: John 3:16-18

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g]

No comments: