8.26.2006

Currently Playing
Madison Greene
Album
Think the Dancers Mad


Track:
Departure






the purpose of people

took off that morn
overalls and my converse
just another day that I tripped over
so down the dirt road I took off
led to a log so I sat
met a frog
who was a train hopper
he asked me for flies
looked in my pocket and alls was there were dimes
he huffed and went along his way
leaving his scooter behind
hopping forward in a scurry
so I took the scooter
and traveled on my way
faster now I sped
nearly running over an ant
stopped to apologize
glad and bursting with merry
the ant thanked me
but not before he gave me a crumb
I didn't have much use for it but I took it anyway
given to the manners my mother taught me
I decided it was the right thing to do
I hurried along with my scooter
hand full of a crumb
stumbling along the day

finally I come across a purple man
destiny he said is a two headed dragon
mysterious but never giving too much away
wait and you'll find a crumby disposition leads to full days
a dirt road has clear meaning
and a frog with wheels can determine the course of your day

all this combined with a clumsy nature
will frown you into a lavender and purple array

No comments: