3.12.2014

Generation Wealthy
(a rejection of conventional wealth)

I would have exercise my contempt
my dissatisfaction with your verdict
your 'honor'

because it seems as though your court is corrupt
in mind and thought
you base your generation on monitary gains
you say my generation is headed for tough pain

why?
becuase we live in smaller homes?
because our pockets aren't stacked?
Or could it be due to the rich amongst us that we lack?

I say we're wealthy if we call meetings to make sure all are clothed
I say were richer if we have potlucks to make sure all are fed
I say were richer if we email our friends to rally for there needs

10 million miles across the globe and weeping after hours on knees
I say we're richer becuase due to facebook we've met our brothers who
instigated the arab spring

we occupy each others hearts
we groan together farm love and feel
not greed.

you say my generation is measured by our home?
I say we build our own and share
fire the realtors and just give everyone a home

you say it isnt reality I say look at your bank
arent we all poorer?
don't we all want to stop living for rent?

there is no high without the low
there is no spring without snow

there is no vision where few conquer the many
besides I may not have much but.


Ill fight with you.
no matter where you are
Ill love with you.
If you cant walk
Ill carry you.
If you are being oppressed
Ill uplift you.

we are a global island with compassion taking all vacancies
our economy run by mercy's currency
with no money all richer
and none
left alone or needy



No comments: