9.08.2013



Coptic 

(inspired by Egyptian Coptic Christian Poem)


No matter what happens I'll die with my faith
this pain this dagger in my flesh
torturing me
torment
years on end

But I'll die with my faith
tears and thought so ending it all
the cross submerged by the broken levy
my air on fire within me
with salt in lung
sinking

But still
I'll die with my faith

Fall down
get up
cry repent
beg God and plead
for a hand to hold
in a desert so dry
where a wet tear should appear
now dry
where I would cry I say

I'll die with my faith

Over and again I crawl to win
the end is the win
not beginning or half end
the final point
the end

So scared with wombs
 I go I go
no matter what I moan
for freedom my heart wails
bellows with the volume of the brightest star
saying

Ill go until spent
and I'll die
I'll die with my faith

No comments: