6.11.2008

Seaport, Manhattan

Now Playing - Luti-Kriss - (Bonus Track) - Album - Throwing Myself


Caterpillar Arm

caterpillar caterpillar
turned into a fly
caterpillar caterpillar
grew an arm
reached out and touched sky


you see I shot the mailman
the messenger offended my eye

the letter was delivered a year too early
so I turned him into a dirt pie

for all my expectations
for all my work is a fulfilled pity

this world works without my satisfaction
there appears to be a greater I and again a greater eye


sitting humbly with variety
still silent and relaying to the listener a defeated sigh

pride my un-maker
my undoing
attempting to run away with my mind

so no longer do I pretend I'm dressed in fine linen
throwing this here arm up

God
I give up
its your show now

not
it

them

nor I

No comments: